We are pleased to announce the start of a new league in Assetto Corsa using the RSS 2019 Hybrid F1 car from Race Sim Studios.
We’re trying something new this season with teams of up to 3 drivers who can all drive simultaneously.
To sign-up, please leave a comment below, with preferred team mates, team name (not the same name as your skin choice) and skin choice. You can also create your own team skin and send it to me. If you are looking for a teammate, try the #looking-for-a-teammate channel on Discord.
Races are on “Wednesdays” and we are again running a parallel calendar with Formula Trout F1 who race on the following Saturday.
Test races will be at Shanghai & Red Bull Ring on July 31st & August 7th with the league starting at the Nurburgring on August 14th and running fortnightly thereafter. We will end the season on our signature track – Road America.
- Races on alternate Wednesdays starting 20:30 Central European Time (19:30 UK).
- Attendance on the RSS 2019 Discord voice channel is mandatory. Please use push-to-talk during races if you are using a mic/headset.
- Event format: 3x practice starts, then 15 min qualifying and 50% race distance.
- Best 9 out of 10 results count for the championship. Top 12 finishers score points.
- 200% tyre wear, 200% fuel usage, refuelling is impractical at 10 secs per litre.
- All assists are disabled.
- Drivers must use some kind of awareness app like Helicorsa or Crew Chief.
- Three tyre compounds will be available each race and you must start the race with the softest of the available tyres. From then onwards, it is entirely the choice of the driver which compound(s) are used, no mandatory stops.
- Speeding in the pit lane will be treated as a corner-cut – or worse depending on severity.
- Drive-through penalty for jump starts.
- Safety Car will be deployed in the event of a bad crash.
Drivers should also read the league rules.
If you would like to participate, please post a comment and state your preferred skin(s) (from those remaining) and a team name/teammate if applicable.
To allow Panos more time to go swimming in the Sea, I’ve decided to run informal weekly race events over the Summer with the RSS 2019. We will then sync with the Trout calendar. There will be no teams or player list, just turn up and race and it will be open to non-members too. The results/table will still update automatically, just no formal teams etc.
Leave a comment below if you’re up for this (you don’t have to of course – just turn up on Wednesdays!).
- Every other Wednesday starting at 20:25 Europe (19:25 UK).
- Duration – 6th June to ?
- A random track from the list below will be chosen on the night using a web tool.
- There will be a 25 minute practice session once the server is set up.
- 3 minutes quali (effectively 1-shot) then two races, the second in full reverse grid order – no restarts as this can glitch the grid order.
- Stewarding – not as strict as normal, but we still need to do it to protect us from idiots.
- Tyre wear – OFF, all tyres available, no pitstop rules (shouldn’t need to stop)
- Fuel consumption – OFF (just 1 litre of fuel needed)
- Assists – OFF
- Damage – OFF
- DRS – disabled
- Air temps/weather realistic-ish
- You can either use the RSS original version or our version of the car – our version has much more manageable ERS.
- All tyres available, tyre choice is yours.
Car downloads (optional):-
Tracks, it is important to have all tracks below installed on your PC or you could lose valuable practice time downloading them on the night:-