Car: Part of AC Red Pack (£1.29 as of writing)
Physics (our version of data): Ferrari SF15-T Physics (14 downloads)
Optional – Sound upgrade to RSS 17/18 (only works if you have installed one of those cars): To upgrade, rename your current “sfx” folder (in ks_ferrari_sf15t) to sfx.kunos and then replace with this one https://flag-to-flag.com/download/sf15-t-rss-engine-sounds/ . If you need to change it back simply delete the sfx folder and rename the kunos one back. Here is a backup of the Kunos sfx folder in case you lose it – https://flag-to-flag.com/download/sf15-t-original-sounds/ Note that you must REPLACE/RENAME these folders, don’t just merge them.
1.1 Ideal running pressures: 29 psi, all tyres/compounds.
1.2 Ideal running temperatures – within 10 degrees of:
- 92 – Supersofts
- 100 – Softs
- 108 – Mediums
- 116 – Hards
ACRL DRS App (1255 downloads) The ACRL DRS app will be used to catch anyone who uses it when over a second behind the guy in front. The best way to use this app is simply to always wait for the BEEP & react quickly to the “angry” BEEPs you get when using DRS illegally. Make sure you have the correct drs.ini installed for each track.
3 ERS Guide
3.1 MGU-K Deployment Modes
Revamped completely so that mode 1 is lowest ERS usage, mode 5 is highest:-
- 0. Charging – Only used to save charge before a qualifying hotlap.
- 1. Economy – lowest ERS usage for high top speed tracks where you are on the throttle more.
- 2. Low – suited to high speed tracks or to replenish MGU-K on lower speed tracks.
- 3. Medium – Somewhere in the middle.
- 4. Medium-High – Bridging the gap further.
- 5. High – used on tracks with lots of corners and fewer long straights.
- 6. Party Time – your quali mode (on all but the longest tracks) and equivalent to the Kunos “Hotlap” mode. Highest energy output from MGU-K, but quite tricky enrate.
Qualifying – use the highest mode that does not empty the lap allowance, On a lot of tracks this is “6 – Party Time”, but at Spa it will probably even be as low as mode 1 – Economy.
- Hi speed tracks – Economy mode will see you good on any high speed track, switch to other modes for short stints or use KERS to supplement power. Make sure you stay within the lap allowance.
- Medium speed tracks – Use 3, 4, 5, it’s your choice now.
- Low speed tracks – High if you can get away with it, otherwise modes 3, 4 should be OK.
Note that none of the modes are compromised at high speed any more, the higher modes (4,5,6) just come into play more-and-more at lower speeds. See graph below.
3.2 MGU-K Recovery (Levels 0 – 10) Low levels give more stability under braking, but most people can cope in this car with the higher levels 8-10. You will need 10 at an “ERS thirsty” track like Silverstone.
3.3 Engine Braking (Levels 0 – 13) This is a matter of preference. High values give you better fuel consumption but make the rear less stable, low values are easier to manage but mean you are more likely to run through a corner as you release the brake pedal.
3.4 MGU-H Battery/Motor Mode Up to 25% of the ERS power comes from the turbo – this can either be stored (Battery mode) to be used later or deployed straight away. Only use Battery mode when you are running out of charge. The Kunos glitch where it doesn’t store charge properly has been fixed.