Finally, we get around to testing these cars wheel-to-wheel to decide which car to use in our up-and-coming Formula 1 League. The first race will be with the SF17-T (you need the Red Pack DLC as this car is based on the SF15-T, but a lot faster!), the second race will be with the RSS Hybrid available from RSS for 4 Euros. Race format will be:-
- Practice SF17-T & RSS Hybrid – get there as early as possible
- 15 min qualifying with SF17-T starting at 20:30 CET (19:30 UK)
- 12-lap race, starting on full fuel and Ultrasofts. Wear etc all at 200%, so it’s really to simulate the 1st stint plus a few laps. Please start 2nd stint on a different compound.
- Repeat quali/race with RSS Hybrid circa 21:15 CET (20:15 UK)
Tyres available – ultras, supers and softs.
The 2 DRS zones have now been defined on the server.
- Detection: Line just before c14, Start: DRS marker, End: End of first straight
- Detection: Apex of corner 1, Start: Line just after exit kerb starts, End: End of second straight.
Downloads for this event:-
- ACRL DRS App (v1.03, 745 downloads)
- AC FtF Rules App (v4.2, 502 downloads)
- AC Melbourne Track (v1.02, 612 downloads)
- AC Melbourne DRS Zones (142 downloads) – Optional (place in track’s data folder)
- data.acd to replace the file in /cars/ks_ferrari_sf15t (rename existing file to data.acd.kunos first)
Hope to see a good turnout for this important event. Will update you ASAP on progress with modelling, we are currently having issues with tyre re-sizing and DRS animation. If anyone is an expert or knows of an expert, please get (them) in touch with Cameron!
See you on track, Captain Slow :)