1.1 Ideal running pressures: 26 psi, all tyres/compounds.
1.2 Ideal running temperatures – within 10 degrees of:
- 90 – Hypersofts
- 95 – Ultrasofts
- 100 – Supersofts
- 105 – Softs
- 110 – Mediums
- 115 – Hards
- 120 – Superhards
ACRL DRS App (v1.03, 744 downloads) The ACRL DRS app will be used to catch anyone who uses it when over a second behind the guy in front. The best way to use this app is simply to always wait for the BEEP & react quickly to the “angry” BEEPs you get when using DRS illegally. Make sure you have the correct drs.ini installed for each track.
4 ERS Guide
4.1 MGU-K Deployment Modes
- Charging – Only used to save charge before a qualifying hotlap
- Bal Low – Low charge usage, best for tracks with short straights/lots of corners
- Bal Hi – As Bal Low but uses more charge, like Bal Low more effective at lower speeds
- Linear – It’s a toned down “Hotlap” mode with balanced, medium energy usage
- Top Speed – Low charge usage, high speed tracks
- Overtake – High charge usage, high speed tracks – it’s Top Speed on steroids
- Hotlap – Balanced but high energy usage throughout rev/speed range
Qualifying – Use hotlap on most tracks, but Spa will run out of allowed charge by Stavelot using Hotlap or Overtake modes.
Race – if in doubt, use Top Speed throughout the race and a dab of the KERS button when necessary. For those who want to manage charge and get the most out of it:-
- Hi speed tracks – Switch between Overtake and Top Speed (use Bal Low if Top Speed won’t recharge)
- Medium speed tracks – Bal Hi, Overtake, Linear and Top Speed are probably the best (use Top Speed to recharge or Bal Low if that fails).
- Low speed tracks – Manage between Bal Low, Bal Hi, Linear and even Hotlap (use Top Speed if Bal Low won’t recharge)
4.2 MGU-K Recovery (Levels 0 – 10) Low levels give more stability under braking, but most people can cope in this car with the higher levels 7-10.
4.3 Engine Braking (Levels 0 – 13) This is a matter of preference. 13 gives you slightly better fuel consumption, but also makes the rear less stable when braking. However, it’s not that bad, so I think most will run close to the default level of 10.
4.4 MGU-H Battery/Motor Mode Set this to “Motor” – end of, you should never need to use battery – one thing less to think about!
5. Changelog (physics):-
- All compounds from 2018 season now available. Gaps in performance are even. Temps balanced front-back & running slightly cooler.
- All compounds run best at 26 psi when hot. Tyre walls are softer to compensate for higher psi. Tyre blankets 90 degs not 80 degs.
- Camber settings allowed from 0 now.
- Handling is more balanced, more accessible. Brakes much more forgiving.
- Top-end power is down, but mid range is up. This car is a lot quicker than original.
- DRS works properly & de-activates above 4G lateral force automatically.
- Fuel heavier (car slightly lighter) – emphasises difference between full/empty tank in a more realistic manner. Fuel tank a bit larger so there is no excuse for running out.
- Diffuser height is raised to stop it bottoming out in high-speed corners which caused random spin-outs.
- Underside colliders lowered as it was clearing sausage kerbs completely before.
- Tyre change/repair times sped up & fuelling slowed down for league purposes.